Step in to my office...

Within 18 months of your proposed marriage, and no later than one month and one day prior to it, you must complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form.

You will need your birth certificates (originals) plus photo ID or passports and evidence that any prior marriage has been dissolved by either death or divorce.

You can download the NOIM form here and fill it out online to make things easier and faster for you.

When you meet with Michelle, she will explain the other forms that you need.

This is a compulsory brochure for you from the government.  You're welcome!

After the wedding (14 days or more), you can apply directly to Births, Deaths and Marriages for your official certificate. 

Apply to the state in which you were wed.  It will be around $50.

Translated documents can be found here: